Voting
This blog is different from our family blog in that these are little pieces of our "everyday". Things that happen in our everyday life. Things that we do in our everyday routine. Things to remember, but they might not have made it into our scrapbooks...thus the Project Life/Project 365 approach. Hope you enjoy!

OH...and the word "Voting" below my header? Don't know what it is, nor how to remove it!



March 29, 2011

I have always loved my mom's cornbread...it's always thicker and tastier than any other I've tried.  When I got married, I asked mom for the recipe, but it was one of those "a little of this, and a smidgen of that" kind of recipes that I couldn't get quite right.  I am proud to say that I finally perfected the recipe several years ago, and get the best cornbread every time I make it.  My kids don't love cornbread, but I'm going to pass down "my" recipe to them anyway.  :-) 

2 c. white cornbread mix (a scant removed, and replaced with all-purpose flour)
1 egg, beaten
1-1/2 c. milk

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Pour about 3 tablespoons of oil into 8x8 baking pan (swirl it around to coat the edges and side of pan) and heat in oven for a few minutes (while mixing other ingredients).  Mix together the cornbread/flour mix, egg and milk.  Carefully pour in the hot oil (from the baking pan) into the bread mixture and mix well.  Pour mixture back into the hot baking pan.  Bake for 25 minutes.  Cut into squares and slather your square with a tub o' butter!  :-) Yum! 

No comments: